Friday, February 8, 2008

Hanalei and Anini



Is this sunshine at last?
Yesterday I told Dan I would take two classes to make up for the day the road was closed. And also I said, "Bikram every day. . .' I was so thrilled to have enjoyed the class. But sore muscles and fear returned today. I can only push myself so much.
We are going to enjoy an entire day at the North shore. At Hanalei Bay Dan tested the waters, they were muddy following all the heavy rains. He read and I drew. The sun was so delicious and deeply warming. We traveled a ways to Anini for a pre lunch fish taco and more beach time, shells for a picture frame. The surf advisory is High and the tides are bold. Dan still hasn't been able to bob in the aqua waters.
We drive east at 2 to the Mediterranean Cafe. Dan gives them a 'poor'. Seventeen dollars gets you three pieces of lettuce and a slice of gyros. My Summer Bliss Salad had four boysenberries and five slices of starfruit. They forgot the pita bread and walnuts. It was still sweet to be there with my honey. This is the vacation some only dream of.

Yoga is at five thirty, Relax Deeply. Carrie and I remember one another and greet. I am very structured, Carrie is not. This class is mentally more challenging than the Bikram. She loves to create new poses. . the salmon and the bear, the walrus. Also she uses 'Feldenkranz' little micro adjustments. She never leaves her mat to work with us (hello) and plays some loud music. ( I think it was her own recording.) She is beautiful in every way. especially her voice and when I locate her in the dark I smile at her lovingly. This is important to soften the heart. I recognize our different styles and try to embrace the lesson she is teaching me. Two key phrases:
"Reflect. Where can you soften and let go?"
"Yoga invites you to be authentic."

Dan arrives to fetch me. A pizza is waiting to be baked and the dining table it set with candles; a soothing re entry.
Bedtime is earlier than usual. Mahalo and sweet dreams.

1 comment:

Gail said...

I'm so glad the sun has finally returned for you! Sounds like the whales knew you were missing them. Hooray for whales!