Friday, February 8, 2008

Glorious sunshine



I love so much about Kauai. Waking up early and slipping out here to watch the sunrise. sipping Lion French Roast coffee as I blog. I love how alive I feel, the fresh air and great food.
I love the yoga classes and walking on the beaches, inspired drawing and relaxing.
Today began with the bikram breakfast two hours before class. I was looking forward to class today, after a day of rest. Class was fine. It is not yoga and I would not recommend it to anyone but a misguided jock. It is addictive and stressful. You need a good basis of self love and self honoring to go there, also a sense of gratitude to endure each minute, I want to go again tomorrow, but be check out of here at 10 and Dan thinks I will want to shower before heading South for our last full day on the island.



I gave Drill Saergant Janet a slimy, sweaty hug even though she grimaced. "Open your hearts (maggots)", she barked.
Dan and I planned to enjoy the feast this last day and a host of whales showed up for our entertainment, Dan took 150 photos. We has penne and pizza and salad and steak.
Rgen we romped in Hanalei Bay. We actually saw Bethany Hamilton the girl who's arm was eaten by a shark. No mistaken her. Then when the thunder clouds encroached we headed for Anini and played there. More sunbathing.
Home to shower and dress for dinner at Bar Acuda a tapas bar in Hanalei Town. We think we've done it all and we are so thankful we are leaving on a sunny note.
Dinner is the Highlight of the food week.
Bruschetta is unique. A peeled, roasted kauai tomato in a shallow dish with olive oil and balsamic with toasts is the first tapas. I order the sea scallop atop a bed of French lentils and Dan has more of an entree; blue nosed bass with an au gratin potato in a nutty succulent almond butter. Then we share an arugula salad with roasted yellow beets and dessert is Kauaian honeycomb with a green apple and parmesiano-reggiano cheese.
Wow! This new restaurant is just below the yoga studio, who knew?!
Tomorrow we move South to the Marriot and a pupus sunset cruise with Captain Andy and our Lutheran brothers and sisters.
It has been restful.

No comments: