Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sunshine Family

I am awaking early to howling winds and the ocean's roar. The rain is falling in sheets from the upper lanai onto ours. It's a balmy 72 degrees. The roosters cock a doodle do.
Dan is sick, yesterday he spent the better part of it in bed, resting. Despite valiant efforts, (Emergen C, Airborne fizzies three times a day, Airborne gummies, Advil, aspirin and Nyquil. . .) he has succumbed. He rallied twice yesterday, picking me up from yoga for lunch and we had reservations for our first ever Luau.



Gail Sue and I had the house to ourselves. I made a macadamia nut pie, which we may enjoy as breakfast, when the sun rises. Gail blogged. I taught more yoga to Gail. . .the top of the sun salutation: Mountain Pose, Upward Salute and Waterfall .
Then it was time for Yoga Hanalei. In four days four different teachers. Carole, Maria, Melissa and now Katie. Tara is away on a skiing trip, then she will travel to India.
Katie was wonderfully clear and poised. When at last it was time for Savasana, she adjusted the subscapular, pressing down on the shoulders to 'release' me. Then drawing her hands up my neck, scrunching my ears and pressing something cool int0 my heart center, anahata. I huge smile came over my entire body.
The Hanalei Waldorf salad is incredible; green apple, blue cheese and candied walnuts in a sweet dressing gently tumbled with butter lettuce, Yum!!!
We tried to outfit Gail at the Tropical Tantrum, but she resisted. Instead we bought a few more of Estelle's oranges. ( Hopefully, with curative powers!)

After drawing another Hibiscus from an Anini Beach photo (it's raining again) we went to the Luau.



The asking price was $75. per person. The timeshare presenters awarded us $168. for 'playing'. So we brought our cost down to a reasonable sum. The Smith's run a smooth and informative operation on thirty acres. We were well fed and the stage entertainment featured dancers from Chinese, Japanese, Philipines, Mauri, Samoan and Tahitian cultures.
We fell into our beds quite pleased with the day.

No comments: